5 Benefits of Contraceptive Pills
Based on a survey among women in the Asia Pacific region, the symptoms of Pre Menstrual Syndrome (PMS), particularly Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD), proved to be a negative impact on relationships with family and friends (50%), social activities (56%) and productivity (58%).
To overcome this, the women recommended by health experts, to use the contraceptive pill as a solution to overcome the above problems.
The reasons cited related to the use of oral contraceptives in addressing PMS and PMDD are as follows.
1. Pill to be highly effective in inhibiting ovulation often trigger symptoms of PMS.
2. Having the ability to cope with emotional and physical symptoms of PMDD
3. Having the ability to cope with the accumulation of androgen hormones which are the cause of acne.
4. Oral contraceptives have a mild diuretic properties to cope with weight gain due to fluid retention.
5. Have the possibility to decrease the risk of uterine cancer by up to 50%.